I have discovered the cure for writer’s block! Having been a chronic sufferer myself until (very) recently, you can imagine how excited I am to share the solution with you all! All I did was
- plan a fairly (for me anyway) impulsive move to a new city
- panic about said move/not having a job/no longer being held in the safe bosom of academia
- let said panic about said move spur a flurry of packing
- pack everything I own a week too early
- make *cupcakes
- look at all the cool things other people are making
- want to make cool things too
- realize all art supplies except sketchbook are packed
- realize sketchbook is in car and have no desire to go get it
- have nothing to do on a friday night.
(who knew it was so easy?)
Three new poems up under Writing- two new, one not so.
*an integral part of the process.