This past week, and the week to follow, have been packed full of things. Things such as
- Getting ready for Wallace to be in the Columbus Arts Festival
- Going with Wallace to the Columbus Arts Festival
- Finishing my own work for the Big Local Art Tent.
- Getting ready for our next opening at Open Door (Figurative Language– come check it out!)
- Putting together show proposals and juried show entries (all due this week or next)
- Prepped and executed the first ever Pinhole Photography Picnic Pworkshop (success! thanks again!)
- all of the end of the month paperwork hoopla at work deemed MOST NECESSARY by the Medicaid Powers That Be.
- Early summer time-sensitive gardening tasks
- the most minimal amount of personal hygiene needed not to offend
- the daily business of eating, sleeping, living, etc.
So in the midst of all of this, I thought to myself ‘ self, you know what you need?’
Specifically, the tiny, snotty, smelly, sad-sack of a rescue kitten that arrived at the Cat Lynch Home for Wayward Kitties last Sunday. Some antibiotics, a few baths and lots of cuddles later, ladies and gentlemen may I introduce you to Newt!**
Named for the nearly as adorable/badass little girl in the 1986 CLASSIC James Cameron film, Newt has already firmly entrenched herself into my stupid bleeding heart. Expect many more pictures to come, especially as Newt and the Georges get to know each other***
And if one kitten wasn’t enough, Newt also came with brother, who I’m currently fostering. The huge-hearted woman I work with who rescued the two christened the dude’ Franklin, though in keeping with house rule 75 (‘thou shalt bestow names gleaned only from the annals of history/pop culture), we’ve been calling him Dr. Franklin. And as happy as we are to keep Franklin while he’s on walkabout****, this guy does need a good home. So if you or someone you know lives in the Columbus area and is looking to make their lives a little more adorable, pass this along (lest I end up like Arline Conradt.)